Chicken Legs and Thighs (or half and half chicken and pork mix)
1 head garlic, minced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup vinegar
2 cups of water
1 tsp paprika
5 bay leaves
4 tbsp of cooking oil or olive oil
2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 3 tbsp water
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan or wok, heat 2 tbsp of oil and sauté the minced garlic and onions.
- Add the chicken (and pork) to pan. Add 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, vinegar, paprika and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or when meat is tender.
- Remove the chicken (and pork) from the sauce pan and in another pan, heat cooking oil and brown the pork and chicken for a few minutes.
- Mix the browned Chicken (and pork) back into sauce pan or wok, add cornstarch dissolved in water to thicken.
- Add salt and/or pepper if desired
- Bring to a boil then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with the adobo gravy and rice.
MMM MMM MMM - SARAP!!