Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jasmine Delights

Roger and I were at the oriental supermarket stocking up on our usual items (Thai soy sauce, fish sauce, etc.).  We happened to stumble upon some really exotic flavorings and extracts.  Lined up neatly on the top shelf  were little glass bottles of jasmine, pandan, coconut, etc.  I thought to myself - what could I do with jasmine?  Many things came to mind - cookies, jasmine butter cream frosting, cake, etc.  I decided on cookies.  Jasmine, almond, and white chocolate chips.  The kitchen smelled like a mix of flowers and vanilla while they were baking - it was interesting, unique and comforting all at the same time.  Roger just inhaled one with his morning coffee.  It's a winner!


Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp jasmine extract (can be found at your local oriental supermarket)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag fine quality white chocolate chips
1 cup sliced almonds

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. Combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy
  3. Add vanilla and jasmine extracts and eggs (one at a time), beat well
  4. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt - 1 cup at a time
  5. Stir in chips and almonds
  6. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
  7. Bake 10-12 minutes

1 comment:

  1. LOOKS DELISH!!! Seriously, you know I am trying to be ready for the keys! No matter, I will wear bikini no matter what I look like to others in one! LOL

    ReplyDelete